Thursday, July 10, 2008

Experience...

"Like what you do,
You never feel bored...."

I would like to share tips, which I learned from my own experience:

While waiting to be interviewed:
a) I always go to their washroom, so I can roam around and observe the culture and environment. I would see the employee's face and their body language
b) I always read their brochure or posters (If any) - to support me with ideas
c) I always have a short chat with the receptionist
d)turn off my mobile

During interview:
a) I maintained eye contact
b) I minimised my body language and sitting in a positive (open body) way
c) Sell my strength and improvise my weaknesses
d) Avoid using "I try, I think, Maybe, If..." words which can show uncertainty

After interview:
a) Thank the interviewer
b) Ask question - job scope, corporate value, working culture, their expectation
c) Indicates your interest indirectly. For example you can say "Looking foward to your phone call..."

DO NOT:
a) Lie
b) Avoid eye contacts
c) Nervous and scared
d) Negative mind set, thinking you might not get the job
e) shy

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1st day at work:

a) I always observe people's personality and characteristics... I categorised people into 3 category 1. Helpful Keyman / keyperson
2. Keyman / keyperson - Ask me if you want to know
3. Keyman / keyperson - Ask someone else
b) Learn the process and procedure
c) Be part of the team - follow the flow and be supportive
d) DO NOT pretend / show you know everything...The company doesnt expect you to know A-Z on the first day...

=) Happy working guys...
All the best!

Ad-

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Along...

You sound like ayah le... ehem! Ke aman tumpahnya kuah kan?

Wonderfully written tips!Great! And great song too... itu anak2 akak nyer favorite tu 'Lean On me...'

have a great weekend.