Monday, May 10, 2010

typical

Nahh, not a racist entry, read through and you understand

I am a friend to many ladies, married, single, once married and others and to my surprise they “talk” about man in my presence. Its either they accept me as their ears (listening terminal) or they think I’m a gay (which is not true!) and not to my surprise I always hear the “typical malay guy” sentence.

Most of them generalize “typical malay guy” to be possessive, indecisive, and have I am always right attitude in relationship.

To my immature experience the generalization was being portrayed because:

1. They ladies have not experience be in relationship with other nationals or race and generalise their partner to be “typical malay guy”.

2. Their assumption come from “typical malay girl” who will not satisfy no to matter what the “typical malay guy” does.

3. Influenced by acted romance in Hollywood and Bollywood screens.

But, few points I must agree with the “typical malay guy” syndrome, as we intend to:

1. Control our partner because we are too passionate with our partner

2. Think that other “typical malay guy” will snatch her away

3. Take things for granted

So to all “typical malay guy” and “typical malay girl” lets try to improve and accept each other, the way they are.

Cheers,

Adik, for you! =P

1 comment:

h a n y a n a said...

ahahhaa. terasa you're typical malay guy? are you? so, macam kena carik different guy, be it matsaleh, be it iraqi, be it pakistani, bangla and what not.as long as its not malay? ahahha. and you go find the minah arab, or whites, or blacks, as long as the race is not malay :) habis cerita. because, just those typicals cant accept their typicals. tapi kan, yang selalu tak suka tula yang selalu dapat. mana wujud "he is not a typical malay guy" kalau dah memang raised up in malay family, malay background, adat melayu. aduh. sah sah memang akan jadi typical.tak ke?